With the more widespread use of the internet these days it's important that we all teach our children how to stay safe.
There are a few basic rules to follow and these include:-
- DO NOT tell strangers your personal details, such as your full name, your address, your phone number or what school you go to.
- DO NOT send pictures of yourself or family to people you don't know.
- DO NOT arrange to meet someone you have met online.
- ALWAYS tell an adult if you are worried or upset about anything.
- DO NOT open emails from anyone you don't know.
- DO NOT add people on Instant Messenger or Social Networking sites unless you know them in person (even if they are 'friends' of your friends)
- DO NOT reply to nasty emails or texts, tell an adult if you are worried.
The following sites contain lots of useful information, video clips and games about esafety.
|Parents Guide to Facebook||[pdf 2MB]|