- High-quality, hand on history lessons inspire children to think innovatively and develop their natural curiosity. Our history curriculum encourages children to develop a coherent knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and that of the wider world.
- In the EYFS, the children begin to make sense of their own life story and the lives of people around them. They are beginning to understand the past through a variety of stories and settings.
- Children are expected to be reflective about their thinking. This should be made meaningful and as real as possible throughout the process.
- Equip pupils to think critically, weigh evidence, sift arguments, and develop perspective and judgment. The pupils will gain knowledge of Britain's past, and our place in the world in order to help them understand the challenges of our own time.
- Children will learn about specific people and events in history as well as developing a chronology of Britain’s history both ancient and recent, incorporating the protected characteristics.
|History subject on a page||[docx 59KB]|
|The Stockwell Way Intent For History||[docx 40KB]|